Many people taking care of their health prefer organic cosmetics. It is widely believed that cosmetics which do not contain chemical elements, effective and harmless to the body. But is it really so?
Active marketing of natural cosmetics began in 2009. The advertising campaign involving stars of show business led to an increase in sales of organic beauty-funds by 20% annually.
Types of natural cosmetics
Organic cosmetic products may be prepared by:
– Industrial way of specially grown raw materials;
– Independently on popular recipes of the foods;
– At home of herbal extracts and herbs bought in the drug store.
Features of organic cosmetics
Natural cosmetic products for skin care are usually colorless and have no flavor (sometimes the smell of drugs may be present), which is explained by the absence of dyes and perfumes. An exception is option with fruit extracts, herbs or essential oils.
Purifying natural cosmetics contain no sodium sulphate, so when using there is no foam.
How natural organic cosmetics are?
Release of natural products involves the use of special eco-friendly raw materials grown in areas quite remote from industrial sites and roads. These conditions inevitably leads to higher cost of production, therefore, such cosmetics should cost much more expensive than products on the basis of chemical components.
The content of a certain number of chemical preservatives in the composition of organic cosmetics is acceptable.
The main differences of natural cosmetics:
– Raw material for production is grown in ecologically clean regions. The use of nitrates is not allowed;
– The inclusion of certain preservatives is acceptable;
– The content of chemical components in the product is not more than 5%;
– Shelf life of organic cosmetics is limited to 36 months;
– Natural cosmetic products may be white or colorless;
– The smell reminds medicinal or is absent;
– Emulsifiers and thickeners do not apply in the production;
– Cleansing cosmetics should not foam.
Truth and myths
Myth №1: organic products are effective and useful.
In the absence of allergies to herbal components of the product it is harmless, but you shouldn’t expect the extraordinary, miraculous effect.
Myth №2: natural products do not cause allergies.
The occurrence or absence of allergic reactions to a particular component depends on the individual characteristics of the organism.
Myth №3: organic components prolong the youthfulness of the skin better.
The synthesized peptides and retinoids are the most effective in the fight against wrinkles.
Myth №4: parabens and silicone are harmful to health.
Scientific studies have proven that these substances are not harmful to the body; sometimes they are simply necessary, for example, to add volume to thin hair.
The decision to use a particular type of cosmetics is taken individually. But in order to avoid negative side effects it is better to choose cosmetic products of well-known manufacturers, which has earned an impeccable reputation.